Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Return of the Blogging Chair

Last evening, my mom came into my bedroom and offered me something. In her mind, she was offering me a green, fluffy, round armchair from her bedroom to fill a space beneath the floor lamp in my bedroom, but little did she know.

She offered the return of the place of my greatest blogging inspirations, the chair that has seen me cry many, many tears and laugh one decibel too loud. Just loud and hard enough, in fact, that my ribs began to ache.

I'm excited for the return of the blogging chair. That means this summer will be filled with more blogging than you can imagine. And, by the way, some of you might need to dig out your own blogging chairs! I need some help! Four guest posts while I'm on vacation next week are up for grabs! Just see my new guest blogging page for more information, and I look forward to hearing your little inspirations from your own little blogging chairs!

Oh, and one more thing! I'm working to start a group blog for attending physicians, medical students, residents, and possibly other health professionals with disabilities. Though I haven't created the official blog yet due to waiting to see whether or not there is enough interest, I have created a Twitter account and Facebook page so that we can start connecting. If you're a doctor or other health professional, please consider promoting the creation of this group blog that I believe will benefit many. We'll be called "Doctors with Disabilities". Yes, I know. It's original, right? But catchy! The blog already has an e-mail account in an effort to manage correspondence! Thanks for your assistance with this promotion!

Here's to many tales from the blogging chair! I look forward to hearing from you soon!

3 comments:

  1. I think it is remarkable that I stumbled across this blog today, because I'm a 3rd year medical student with a physical disability. Even more coincidental is that I lived in Milledgeville for a year while my wife was at GCSU.
    You can definitely do medical school, provided you have the right faculty around you who will be willing to support any adaptations that you may need. Be encouraged by the fact that it is possible. I wont lie and say that it's a cake-walk, but if you seek out a program that will throw their full weight in support of you and allow you to flourish, instead of hampering you with doubts and questions, you can be a physician who brings an entirely unique perspective and experience to the practice of medicine. Seek out that program over any "name" institution. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, am astounded that you found my blog and that you would take the time to comment! I would love to be able to e-mail you to create further discussion! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I found you through NaBloPoMo, and am so glad I did -- I'm looking forward to following you on your amazing adventure ... :)

    foodfloozie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete